Friday, June 3, 2016

Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous 2016

  Every year, in my town of Marshall, Michigan, occurs the spectacular even called the Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous. It takes place at Wilder Creek Conservation Club, where people come to shoot the 3D archery course, make bows, and flintknap. The event is mostly themed around primitive wooden bows, but other longbows are permitted at the event. I have been going for about four years, mainly because I like to be with the flintknappers that attend but also because I enjoy shooting my bow.

 While the event is Memorial Day weekend, people start rolling in as early as Tuesday to camp. I drove over Wednesday afternoon to flintknap with Daniel Wakolbinger, a knapper from Illinois. I also got to sit and converse with my friends Don Gilson and Tom Talley. Pictured below is an abo Snyders I made that night from a piece of Carter Cave flint.



I came to the event Friday through Sunday, did a lot of knapping and I did shoot the 3D course once. Here are some pictures of the event.
                           


Here is my setup.

Display case number 1.


Me, knapping.

Scott, another knapper from IL, knapping.


Some of his work.


Some of Daniel's points for sale.

Handmade pottery by Daniel.

Frank's setup.

Doug's amazing work!






Some of my friend Steve's display.

Here is a group shot of some of the Michigan flintknappers in attendance.
from left to right: Steve Laut, Frank Stevens, myself, Don Gilson, Dan Belknap, unknown (sorry).

My brother looking dangerous shooting his bow.

ps, I will be updating the gallery page of my blog soon, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment